Monday, December 28, 2009

NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command.)

Ok, to start out. I have set a place maker and a link for NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command.)


North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD); pronounced /nɒr.æd/nohr-ad) is a joint organization of Canada and the United States that provides aerospace warning, air sovereignty, and defense for the two countries.[3] It was founded on May 12, 1958 (the effect of the Cold War) as a joint command between the governments of Canada and the United States, as the North American Air Defense Command. Its main technical facility has been the Cheyenne Mountain Directorate, formerly Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center, of the Cheyenne Mtn. Air Force Station, Colorado; and for this reason NORAD is sometimes referred to as Cheyenne Mountain. In addition, the Canada East and Canada West Sector Air Operations Control Centres are located in the underground complex at Canadian Forces Base (CFB) North Bay in Ontario, Canada.
NORAD's headquarters facilities in Colorado are administered by the U.S. Air Force under the command of the 721st Mission Support Group, part of the 21st Space Wing, headquartered at Peterson Air Force Base. NORAD's forces consist of the Alaskan NORAD Region/Eleventh Air ForceCanadian NORAD Region, and Continental NORAD Region. -Wikipedia
All locations are labeled.

File Download:
http://www.ziddu.com/download/7931799/NORAD.kmz.zip.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I currently live in Des Moines, Iowa. I am currently attending the Des Moines Area Community College for Web and Graphic Designs. I was born in the United States, but I have ties to Canada, for half of my family is Canadian. I love the United States and I'm proud to have my roots.